Saturday 9 October 2010

Day 6

Last day of my holiday today, so will be my last report for a week.

Today I started bolting on the rear suspension, I've only loosely assembled the wishbones, as I need to work out the spacer dimensions and alignment. that will have to wait for next week now :-(


To assemble the front wishbones, the body needs to be cut out, which is a job that most people dread, but you can't see both sides at the same time, so if they don't match, it's not the end of the world.



With the holes cut, last job was to trial fit the steering rack, the brackets are a bit tight, so they
need to be eased out with a file to fit snugly.













So I've done around 42 hours work on it this week, and I've got around 10 days (1 day per weekend) till the end of the year (not including Xmas holiday) to finish against my target.  

It's going to be a challenge !!

Keep watching.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, your blog takes me back a couple of years Steve...

    Are you intending to 'flat-floor' the engine bay?

    ReplyDelete