Friday 8 October 2010

Day 4&5

I missed posting yesterday, as I went out for a beer and curry (didn't help the weight loss for next year!!)

Yesterday started with painting the bulkhead panels, although I only had a paint on primer, so there's a few to many brush marks in the final finish than I would have liked. Should have gone with powder coating, but I couldn't wait !!

The rear loom was fitted although I had to wait for the panels to be dry before I could fit the front section. The MNR loom is very easy to fit and lines up fine.


Final job of the day was to run all the front brake lines and rivet them in place.

Today with the panels dry, I sealed and riveted all the panels.




With the panels fitted I could finish running the front loom.


With all the main lines in place, its time to start with the bolt on bits.
I started with the front Rocker and Shock assys.
The rockers are made from billet aluminium (very nice),and run with needle and Thrust bearings. All the bolts were cut down to reduce weight, (couple more curries I can have).



The final job of the day was to fit the body tub. Had  some help from George with this, but goes on very easy, and is finished well.


It's starting to look like a car now. Hopefully I'll have all the rear suspension on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment