Monday 4 October 2010

Day 1

Started slow today, I had to go to dentist this morning, then sort out my son's scooter insurance, so I didn't really get going till midday.

Took the engine out first. I'd put it in the chassis for transport, but was in the way for running the fuel and brake lines.
I decided to split the pedal box bulkhead panel, to make it easy to access the pedal box if necessary, and got all the holes drilled to mount the box and panel.



I wasn't happy with the pedal box pivots, so made up some spacers, and machined out the pivot bushes so they would run on the spacers. This all meant I could bolt up the pivots tight without clamping the pedals.

My final job of the day was to make the tank straps and mount the fuel tank.



I forgot to take the camera to the workshop today, so will get some pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment