Wednesday 6 October 2010

Day 3

Today was a good day, but also frustrating. I did a trial assembly of the diff, and found I couldn't get the diff in with where the lines were run, so I had to drill out the rear clips and re-position the fuel lines.

Once I got the diff in, I started laying out the rear brake lines, changing my mind a couple of times.
I've found most of my time is spent thinking about the best way to lay things out, for ease of access and safety.

I managed to get all the rear brake lines and rear loom clipped in, then started to finish drilling the bulkhead panels.

A handy tip when drilling the panels, get yourself some temporary rivets, they come with a tool to insert and remove them (thanks to George for lending them to me). You drill the first hole, then insert the first t-rivet, this holds the panel for the next one. Once you have 2 in you can drill all the other holes without worrying about holding the panel.
Temporary rivet with tool.


Rivets in place.

With the front panels finished I started to fit the loom through to the bulkhead.

Final job of the day was to have a tidy up (the wife popped in after work and commented on the mess!!), so I got the vacuum out (wonders will never cease!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment